Share in social. networks:
In almost everyone’s wardrobe there is white clothing. When a white thing is accidentally or due to inattention, it is erased with colored clothing, it becomes stained or colored. The easiest and most effective way to save the product is to contact a dry cleaning specialist. But not everyone is ready to pay for the resuscitation of clothes almost the full cost of the thing itself. This leads to a search for a solution to how to whiten the painted white thing at home. In this article you will find the answers to this question and can solve an unpleasant problem.
What clothes are painted?
Before proceeding to the study of methods to eliminate such troubles, it is advisable to know how to prevent such missteps in the future. Shed things can be different colors, and paint their color not only white things, but also other colored clothes.
Important! If you decide, for example, to wash a light pink T-shirt with blue jeans, then there is a probability of 99% that after washing your pink T-shirt will have a different color.
Preparing clothes for washing. Fundamental rules:
- New clothes are always more susceptible to molting during washing. Therefore – all new clothes, especially bright colors, the first time it is better to wash separately from other things. Both white and colored clothes can be painted.
- White things should always be washed separately from color. Even if these colored things are no longer new and have long faded, it will still be better to refrain from such risky experiments. This is especially true of washing things from cotton.
- White products should be divided before washing according to the type of fabric: wool, cotton, synthetic, silk, mixed composition, since different fabrics require a special mode of washing and the use of their bleaching agent.
Important! If you have a lot of white clothes in your wardrobe, read more about the choice of detergents and all the rules for washing white things.
- Even a small color insert can paint things while washing. There are cases when a small color collar paints clothes of lighter colors.
- Washing things in hot water further increases the likelihood of dyeing lighter clothes.
Important! When washing laundry in high temperature water, clothes should be more carefully divided by color.
- It is necessary to ensure that the drain in the washing machine is not clogged. Otherwise, things will be badly washed out and as a result they may appear stains.
- Wash things need in a timely manner, adding to the water emollients.
- Linen of different colors should always be washed without adding bleach – both with hand and machine wash.
Important! Remember that bleach is a potent substance with a specific odor. Do not interfere with bleach, which contain chlorine and without chlorine. Such use of them leads to the neutralization of the action of both means.
By following these simple rules, you will never face the question of how to whiten a painted white thing.
How to whiten the painted white thing at home?
If your white clothes after washing with colored steel became bluish, gray or acquired a pink tint, use one of the following methods and means.
Important! The general recommendation for all methods: drying after the bleaching procedure is preferably carried out under direct sunlight. Ultraviolet enhances the effect of bleaching.
Wash these items urgently several times with good detergent in plenty of water to bleach a painted white thing at home. In most cases, this simple method helps with 60% probability. But it all depends on the type of fabric of the thing – the denser and more natural it is, the worse the result can be.
- You can soak the laundry for 6 hours in any bleach, and then rinse thoroughly. You can use modern oxygen bleach – it is more affectionate to the fabrics than chlorine-containing agent.
Important! Unlike chlorine bleach, oxygen-containing products may not be as effective. Therefore, it’s up to you to choose what to prefer to whiten a painted white thing at home. You should not take hasty measures with chlorine products, if the thing is expensive for you and is sewn from delicate material.
- It is necessary to work with such means strictly according to the instructions.
Important! Before starting the procedure, it is better to test bleach on an inconspicuous area of fabric. Do not be scared, immediately after the thing turns out to be in this solution, it will become a pale gray color. Then the color will be the same again.
- An excellent option is bleach “Vanish”. You can buy such a bleach for both colored and white things. The product must be applied to stains and added during washing.
- "White" is an old and proven tool that is quite effective and costs mere pennies.
Important! A separate post on our portal is devoted in more detail to the topic of species rating the best products in this category of household chemicals. Hurry up to find out what quality laundry bleaches are today.
Whiteness + laundry soap
Everyone knows that laundry soap has a whitening effect, and when combined with whiteness it works wonders.
- Soak the affected item for 2-3 hours in cold water.
- In a 3 liter of hot water, add a quarter of a standard piece of laundry soap and mix well until the soap fragments are completely dissolved.
- Add 100 ml of “Whiteness” detergent to soapy water.
- Immerse in the prepared solution the item to be reanimated and leave it for 15 minutes.
- After – clothes must be washed thoroughly in hot water.
Important! You can prepare a similar solution from water, soap, and bulk chlorine. But in this case it is quite difficult to calculate the concentration and you risk finally spoiling the white thing.
Laundry soap with a bleaching effect:
- Carefully soap all stains with soap and leave for a couple of hours.
- Wash the laundry in hot enough water with good washing powder.
This liquid is an inexpensive and effective means to whiten the painted white thing at home. You can buy it in almost any pharmacy.
- Soak the white thing for 2-3 hours in cold water.
- In three liters of warm water, add 100 ml of ammonia.
- In the solution, place the colored white thing for 30 minutes.
- Wash clothes in hot water.
Important! If necessary, the procedure can be repeated on another day.
This tool is often used and continues to be used for bleaching hair – it is well known to many blondes, like hydroponic.
- Soak the white thing in cold water previously for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare a solution: in 3 liters of water pour 50 ml of hydrogen peroxide.
- Put the thing in this solution for half an hour.
- Then wash the product in hot water.
Starch + salt + citric acid
There is another popular way to whiten the shaded white thing:
- Wash affected clothing again on high temperature with powder or boil it.
- Prepare the following remedy: mix one tablespoon of starch, salt, citric acid and planed laundry soap.
- Stir all the ingredients, adding a little water to make a viscous consistency.
- Place this tool on the inside of the stain.
- Leave it for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, rinse the clothes and wash again.
Important! In order not to spoil the thing, you should not exceed the recommended dose of the above substances.
Potassium permanganate can help restore primordial whiteness to clothing.
Important! This method should be used very carefully so that your things do not turn bright crimson. Only the correct solution will not leave marks.
- Make a solution of potassium permanganate with light pink water.
- Hold the clothes in this solution for 20-30 minutes.
Important! You can combine washing in the washing powder and potassium permanganate.
- In a few liters of water, add 120 ml of white vinegar or a teaspoon of liquid detergent.
- Wash the problem in this solution.
Important! You must be very careful if you mix any detergents. Do not combine detergents that contain chlorine and ammonia. The gas that forms during the reaction immediately causes vomiting. Carefully read the instructions on the product packaging before starting to mix products.
Soda and ammonia
You can try to whiten any fabric in a gentle way using soda and ammonia:
- In 5 liters of warm water, dissolve 2 tablespoons of alcohol and 5 tablespoons of soda.
- Immerse the clothes in the solution and leave for 3-4 hours.
Important! Do not use all methods at once when working with a damaged item, as the fabric may tear. Remove stains with caution. No need to wait for instant effect. Each tool takes time to “work”.
If none of them managed even after numerous treatments, and the thing fits you perfectly and is pleasant to the quality of the fabric, try to reanimate it in another way. Use our ideas to give a second life to a faded thing!
How to whiten gray cloth?
White fabric can get a gray tint from frequent washing, from old age or in case the hostess has washed white with black. How to whiten the product in this case? For each type of fabric has its own methods.
Guipure and tulle
White guipure or tulle can be whitened using hydrogen peroxide and ammonia:
- Pour 10 liters of hot water into a large basin.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia to the water.
- Soak the cloth in this solution for half an hour.
- Wash items as usual.
After such a procedure, grayed curtains, curtains and bedspreads will become white and beautiful again.
Cotton and linen
Cotton clothing and linen products are the most popular among the population, so they are the ones most often affected by this problem. Use the following products to whiten gray cotton or linen items.
Cotton linen and linen linen can be well bleached at home using whiteness or other special means during the machine wash:
- In a separate tray for softener or bleach, pour the product according to the quantity specified in the instructions.
- Start the prewash mode with an extra rinse.
Bleach flax will help you soda ash. Wash the product in hot water (up to 70 °) by adding soda to the washing machine.
Persol perfectly bleaches flaxen things. If you regularly add it during washing, the linen product will become significantly whiter. It is very effective for a long, at 12 o’clock, soaking the grayed tissue in the solution with detergent and persol salt.
Important! Dry cotton out of direct sunlight – ultraviolet can bleach better than any bleach.
Synthetic gray fabric you can whiten in salt water. To do this, use a solution prepared in the following proportions: 2 tablespoons of salt per liter of warm water.
Wool and silk
White things of silk and wool over time acquire a slightly yellowish tint. You can get rid of this phenomenon with the help of the following methods and means.
- To whiten silk and wool at home, things need to be soaked in a special solution: in 5-6 l of water, dissolve 1 tablespoon of laundry detergent, 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide, 1 tablespoon of 10% ammonia solution, 4 tablespoons of coarse white salt .
- Stir the solution well and soak the yellowed things for at least two hours.
- After you need to rinse things.
Gentle wool and silk items are well washed with mustard:
- A tablespoon of mustard powder, pour 1 l of hot water and let it stand for 2 hours.
- Drain this water into another container.
- Similarly, pour the mustard a second time and drain the water again.
- Wash things in this merged, infused mustard, water as usual.
Woolen products can be whitened using a weak solution of oxalic acid. But it is not so easy to find in the trade network. Search for acid should be in the chemical store or on a specialized base.
Important! Rinse the wool better in water with the addition of ammonia (per liter of water a teaspoon of alcohol). For silk, vinegar can be added to the rinsing water (one tablespoon per liter of water).
How to “reanimate” colored clothes and restore the color of the product?
The unpleasant consequences of improper washing can affect not only white things, but also color. To remove the “extra” color from the product and return old clothes to clothes, you should use special means to restore color to fabrics. Manufacturers of washing and washing products have developed special products that can restore the color of things after a problem wash:
- "Antilin" – a tool that is designed specifically to restore the color of fabrics. Reviews of this tool are ambiguous: there are both positive and negative. To understand whether it will suit you, you just need to try it yourself.
Important! You are more likely to restore color if you use this tool immediately after the problem wash. The more time passes, the better the paint will be absorbed into the fabric fibers.
- If you faded colored clothes, you can try soaking them in a special stain remover for colored things marked “Color” for half an hour or a little more. Then you need to wash faded things in the washing machine.
Important! In the conclusion of the discussion, how to whiten a painted white thing at home, once again I want to remind you of effective remedies for various types of fabrics:
- Whiteness and other bleaches containing chlorine – flax, cotton.
- Ammonia and hydrogen peroxide – any material.
- Soda – flax, cotton.
- Salt – synthetic, flax.
- Mustard – wool, silk.
- Oxygen bleach – apply according to the instructions.
to content ↑